Click here to Apply to Kamp
Download the 2018 Kamp Tumaini Information Sheet
What are the trip dates?
- August 2018, during Kenya and Canada’s major school break.
Who can apply?
- Anyone 16 years of age or older.
- Must have attended SERVE at least once between 2014 – 2017.
- Must be committed followers of Jesus who are connected and involved in a local church.
- Must be willing to attend all team meetings (approximately one per month).
What will I be doing as a camp counsellor?
- Sharing & showing Christ’s love to campers through word and deed.
- Responsible for campers generally and specifically for the ones placed in your care.
- All team members will be expected to be a team player with both Canadian and Kenyan teammates, welcome campers enthusiastically, and participate fully in the preparation and leading of the program and all activities.
How much does the trip cost?
- Approximately $4000 – $4500 CAD. Actual cost will be confirmed once flights are purchased.
- Includes all flights, insurance, accommodations, meals, in-country travel and project costs.
- Does not include the cost of a Kenyan visa or required vaccinations.
How can I raise that much money?
- Individuals & churches are able to make donations towards your trip costs. Any donation $10+ will receive a tax receipt.
- Use CBM’s online fundraising tool, Give-to-Go, to help promote your fundraising. See Fundraising Ideas for more.
How big is the team? Who are the leaders?
- The SERVE Kamp Tumaini team will be made up of 10 students from across Western Canada.
- In addition to CBM Field Staff in Kenya, the team will be led by two adult leaders.
What about vaccinations?
- CBM does not give medical advice, but we recommend that each team member visit a travel clinic & follow their advice.
Is Kenya safe?
- Kenya, like any other country, is not 100% safe. However, the team will be accompanied by CBM Field Staff who live in Nairobi and precautions will be taken for your security and well-being.
- Please raise any concerns or questions at the information meeting, or contact Adrian Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org.